Your 'Greatness' Gene!
I’ve been doing quite a bit of thinking on the subject of “greatness”. After all, who wouldn’t want to become a greater person?
In your own context, you can become a greater person, a greater employee/employer, a greater business owner, a greater student, a greater athlete, a greater artist (respectively), etc. It has been my experience that when I am at a motivational impasse, I become inspired when I surround myself with people who are doing great things! Go to places where I can observe great accomplishments by others! Read articles, books, and literature written by great achievers! Retreat to nature where I can meditate and muse over the greatness of this universe! There is something about that type of kinetic energy that becomes transferrable to you.
How then can you stimulate your greatness gene? Glad you asked!
1. First things first! You must acknowledge that you were born to do great things! Greatness is already within you!
2. Absolve yourself from any self-defeating thoughts and behaviors that bind you, and keep you from moving forward!
3. Declare, in specific terms, what you want to accomplish!
4. Surround yourself as often as possible with people, and at events that feed positive energy into your future!
5. Develop a plan, a strategy, and a timeline! Don’t forget to set up a reward for yourself when you reach your goal! (This really works)
6. Refuse to limit yourself! You must be willing to be creative and innovative! Sometimes it’s good to break away from familiarity!
7. Share your super great ideas with super great like-minded people ONLY!
8. Be aware of “haters” and negative “alligators” who will eat your goals alive!
9. Never ever give up!!
10. Greatness is within you!! Say it! Mean it! And Live it!
Be sure to make this your "BEST" day ever!